In 1996, physician Peter D'Adamo published a paper on the effect of blood type on weight loss. As a result of research, a nutritional system based on the genetic link between humans and their ancestors has emerged. Due to strict restrictions, scientists are skeptical of this diet. This diet is used by many dieters and has received positive reviews.
The author of this technology believes that genetics will affect the absorption efficiency of nutrients in the body. The theory is based on information about the lectins contained in all foods. These are the proteins that hold the red blood cells together. The body of a person with a specific blood type digests only one type of lectin. In the case of mismatch, useful elements, rather than assimilation, accumulate in the stomach and intestines. The metabolism is disrupted, leading to obesity and the development of chronic diseases.
Peter D'Adamo put forward a hypothesis about the relationship between blood type and evolutionary stage. The author of Nutritional Methods identified 4 groups of people:
- "hunter"-Appeared in Africa about 1, 000 years ago. They only eat animal protein and have the first blood type.
- "Farmer"-Get the second group because they eat plant food. With the advent of agriculture, she diversified the diet of ancient people.
- "Nomads"——Become the owner of the third group. After the domestication of animals, humans began to consume dairy products.
- Hybrid-These are the people in group 4. They are the result of the unification of farmers and nomads.
You can lose weight by blood type, but you can't expect rapid changes. The diet is based on strict food restrictions, so it is not suitable for everyone. The long-term weight loss system has been shown to have a beneficial effect in reducing food calories. At the same time, it is also important to follow the principles of a healthy lifestyle-these principles are exercise, sharing meals, and water balance.
The first result is obvious in 2-3 months-2-5 kg left. First, the body gets used to the drastic changes in diet, and then regulates digestion. Only after that, the metabolism will accelerate and the excess fat will be burned. In addition to losing weight, diet helps:
- Remove harmful substances in the body;
- Lower blood cholesterol levels;
- Improve mood, skin tone, and normalize sleep;
- Eliminate the dysfunction of the heart and blood vessels.
Anthropologists refute the connection between blood type and the stage of human development. Prove that the first group is not 1, but 2. Long before the advent of agriculture, ancient ancestors were the carriers of all types of blood. Immunologists say that there is only one gene that determines blood type and has nothing to do with digestion.
In 2014, American scientists proved that diet can prevent blood vessels and heart disease. Studies have found that this nutritional system improves medical indicators: it reduces blood pressure and cholesterol levels. At the same time, weight loss has nothing to do with blood type. Study participants lost weight only due to dietary restrictions and regular exercise.
The diet is designed for the long term-2-6 months. The menu is balanced in terms of the presence of essential substances for the body. During the diet, permitted foods must be used and prohibited foods must be excluded. In order to eliminate the lack of trace elements and vitamins, it is recommended to use food additives. After confirming the lack of laboratory blood tests for these substances, the doctor will prescribe them.
Worldwide, approximately 40% of the population has type 1 blood. They need nutritional supplements of iodine, manganese, calcium, vitamin K and B. For exercise, jogging, swimming or aerobic exercise are preferred. Allowed products:
- Veal, lamb, turkey;
- Beef heart and liver;
- Hake, barracuda, halibut, mackerel, trout, cod;
- Olive oil and linseed oil;
- Cheese, beans, soy milk;
- Walnuts, pumpkin seeds;
- Apples, plums, cherry plums, figs, cherries;
- Pumpkin, spinach, radish, broccoli and kohlrabi, beets;
- Hot spices, curry, parsley;
- A decoction of dandelion, rose hip, and linden flower.
On earth, almost 39% of people have type 2 blood. It is recommended that they take chromium and selenium, vitamin E, B, and yoga supplements. The diet is almost vegetarian, but you can eat 200-300 grams of chicken or turkey once a week. To lose weight, you need to control your daily carbohydrate intake-no more than 150 grams. The blood type of the "farmer" allows food:
- Carp, zander, herring or salmon;
- Soy cheese, milk, oyster mushrooms;
- Olive oil or linseed oil;
- Buckwheat, mustard, rye, rice noodles;
- Vegetables, especially carrots, onions, broccoli, vegetable salad, Jerusalem artichoke;
- Grapefruit, apple, lingonberry, cranberry, cherry, lemon, pineapple;
- Coffee, green tea, hawthorn soup, chamomile, red wine.
15% of the world's population has type 3 blood. During dieting, these people have the richest diet, but they are more likely to be overweight than others. They need to take extra magnesium, lecithin, do yoga, swim and walk more. Allowed products:
- Veal, lamb, rabbit, game;
- Eggs, cheese, sour cream, cheese, yogurt, skimmed milk, kefir;
- Barracuda, salmon, hake, bass, sturgeon, flounder;
- Poppy seeds, horseradish, beans, curry, olive oil;
- Rice, oatmeal products, millet;
- Kohlrabi, sweet potatoes, various cabbages, green leafy vegetables, sweet peppers;
- Grapes, coconuts, cherry plums, apples, cranberries, plums, bananas, pineapples;
- Decoction of parsley, rose hips and raspberry leaves, green tea.
The mixed group only accounts for 6%. Such people need strenuous exercise-running, biking, swimming. Zinc, selenium, and B vitamins are recommended to be added from food additives. Allowed products:
- Turkey, lamb, rabbit;
- Tuna, pike, trout, caviar, zander, perch;
- Milk, low-fat and medium-fat dairy products;
- Walnuts, peanuts, olive oil;
- Horseradish, beans, curry, lentils, parsley;
- Beets, potatoes, cucumbers, peppers, cabbage, celery, parsnips;
- Cherries, kiwis, sweet cherries, gooseberries, grapefruits, lemons, figs;
- A decoction of chamomile and strawberry leaves, coffee or green tea.
During your diet, do not eat food that does not match your blood type. If you want to lose weight, you must eat fewer prohibited foods and eat more meals. Do exercises that suit your blood type.
If you have group 1, you need to give up food, which will impair their digestion and slow down their metabolism. Products harmful to "hunters":
- Lard, bacon, ham, pork, goose;
- Pistachios, lentils, peanuts, poppy seeds;
- Corn oil, cottonseed oil;
- Smoked fish and kippers, caviar;
- Caffeine, soda, black tea, vodka, brandy;
- Cinnamon, tomato sauce, vanilla, kimchi, vinegar;
- Bread and flour products from wheat and corn;
- Milk, cheese, kefir, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream;
- Oranges, avocados, strawberries, melons;
- Shiitake mushrooms, rhubarb, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, olives.
The type 2 blood diet does not include food in the diet:
- Meat, lard, heart, liver;
- Pickled or smoked fish and seafood;
- Milk, sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese;
- Butter, coconut oil, corn oil;
- Bread, pastries and pasta made from durum wheat;
- Mayonnaise, semolina, wine vinegar, tomato sauce, olives;
- Potatoes, tomatoes, sweet peppers, mushrooms, broccoli;
- Bananas, oranges, melons, coconuts, oranges;
- Beer, coffee, black tea, sweet soda, cognac, liqueur.
The third group of diets is characterized by diverse diets. This can lead to overeating, so "nomads" need to limit the serving size to 200-300 grams. List of prohibited foods:
- Chicken, pork, goose, duck, lard;
- Eel, crayfish, salmon, caviar, seaweed;
- Ice cream, all types of oil, except olive oil;
- Seeds, pine nuts, pistachios, peanuts, hazelnuts;
- Cereals, bread and rye, wheat, buckwheat or corn flour products;
- Cinnamon, mayonnaise, ketchup;
- Radishes, potatoes, tomatoes, radishes, pumpkins;
- Persimmon, olive, pomegranate, avocado;
- Sweet soda, strong alcoholic beverage.
In order to lose excess weight, people of mixed blood should use sea salt instead of table salt. Nutritional restriction:
- Duck, pork, chicken, goose, beef, offal;
- Salted, smoked and pickled fish and squid;
- Milk, cream, processed cheese, ice cream;
- Hazelnuts, black beans, seeds;
- Oranges, pomegranates, persimmons, bananas, avocados;
- Radishes, lettuce, radishes, peppers, rhubarb;
- Butter, sunflower oil, margarine;
- Buckwheat and corn flour, hulled;
- Tomato sauce, vinegar, kimchi;
- Cognac, vodka, black tea, sweet soda.
Pros and cons of diet
Blood type nutrition is suitable for people who are preparing to change their eating habits. Diet advantages:
- Gradually lose weight.
- Due to nutritional supplements and vitamins, there is a lack of strict bans, a diverse and balanced diet.
- Improve health and mood.
- Form a correct view of nutrition.
- There are low-calorie foods in the menu.
Disadvantages of blood type weight loss system:
- Requires drastic changes in the usual diet.
- The high cost of supplements, dietary products, and vitamins.
- Due to long-term dietary restrictions, there is a high risk of collapse.
- It is difficult to change eating habits. The problem is that if a person is a vegetarian, he should eat meat.
- Need to stick to the diet for a long time.
- Force control of the digestive system and cholesterol levels.
- There is no guarantee of weight loss. The result of weight loss depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
- The food system is based on an assumption and has no scientific basis.
A significant disadvantage of the diet is a large number of contraindications:
- Chronic stomach disease;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Pathology of the heart or blood vessels;
- Blood disease, diabetes, weakened immunity;
- The deterioration of infectious or viral diseases.